Monday, February 9, 2009

A Bite of Astronomy

Who loves stars? If you do, then this is for you. I'm sure everybody is astonished when we look up in a fair night sky with stars glowing like diamonds of high value. It is said that tonight will be the night for astronomy enthusiasts. A Penumbral Eclipse will occur this night and I can't wait for it. Anyway, do you what is this penumbral eclipse? As far as my research is concern, it occurs when the moon passes through Earth's penumbral shadow and these events are of only academic interest because they are subtle and hard to observe. According to my reading this tonight's occurrence is hard to see with our naked eye. Especially the weather condition isn't that fair. I really hope that I'll see it this night though it sounds impossible for it's kinda raining outside. This is my contribution in tonight's history.

pic from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Penumbral_lunar_eclipse_2006_March_14_Warrenton_VA.jpg/280px-Penumbral_lunar_eclipse_2006_March_14_Warrenton_VA.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment